Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nothin' much

Not much to really talk about, went to the dentist today at lunch, and my jaw is hurting. Really Bad. I think I had my mouth open too long or something, but I could hardly eat my lunch when I was finished. I'll put the heating pad on it tonight and hopefully that will help.

I have had a craving lately for some POWER tools. I already have a few, a Sander, Drill, and Jig Saw, but I want a few more. I want to be able to make furniture. Actually, what has gotten me started it wanting to make some shelves and frames for Peyton's room. I know that I can make something very *pottery-barn-ish* for WAY less than it costs to buy it...but I have got to start with a few projects and work my way up to bigger stuff. I also would love to put up a chair rail in the baby room, but I need a good finishing saw for that. And one of those air nail guns sounds like so much fun too. Of course, this kinda scares Eric.

Speaking of Eric, last night we saw a really great show about back pain, and how exercise is one of the greatest relievers of the pain. Of course, the first few weeks can be very painful because exercise hurts so much when you are in pain, but if you work through it, you will strengthen your core muscles and your back will stop hurting. I've been telling him he needs to do back strengthening exercises for awhile now, maybe he will listen now that he has heard it from someone other than me.

And, I don't know if I have talked about how much Eric wants to get into 'flipping' houses or building houses. There is a pretty big buyers market here, and people are constantly moving into our area because of the huge Air Force base and the school system. I think we have finally found a good house, we have to go to the bank and see exactly what we could do, but there is potentially good profit. And the house is very cute, about 1500 square feet, and honestly it might be something that we would like. Our house is 2700 sq ft, but it also ended up costing alot more than it was supposed to. This house would be half the payment of our house, and it is on a lake. We will hopefully get to go see it tonight and Eric is meeting with the bank tomorrow at lunch.

The thought of buying a house to resell is kind of scary, but houses USUALLY sell pretty quickly around here, so I probably wouldn't stress too much about it. And we wouldn't have to make payments on it for a year, just interest, so it wouldn't hurt us too bad. Who knows, we could fall in love with it and want it for our house. It would be smaller than our last two houses, but we could build a shop in the back for all of our storage and possibly build on to the house if we wanted to.

I'm really just rambling. I need to get back to work. ;P

2 comments:

Randi said...

Oh my, funny you sould mention flipping houses. That's all Brian talkes about! He wants to do that so bad. And He too would love to own a nail gun;) I wish I could make furniture too, what a skill to have.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, never heard of a pregnancy craving for power tools ;) Sorry your jaw hurts. As someone who's had way to many long visits in the dentist chair, I feel for ya.

GL with the flipping. Tim thought about doing that, but he doesn't have the patience for home repair so he'd hire someone to do it and then wouldn't make much off of it. So we're looking into other investments. Although I think it would be a lot of fun. Oh well, I'm sure Eric knows what he's doing (hopefully...)