We have REALLY big spiders here in our area of Georgia. I'm talking, where the body is as big as a golf ball, NOT including the legs. When we lived on the farm while we were building our house, we had to deal with big yucky spiders almost everyday. (all of them arn't quite that big, but any spider that is bigger than a quarter is too big, much less the HUGE big as your hand mama spiders). My skin is starting to crawl, and I've got that weird feeling like something is crawling on my leg just talking about them.
So, this intro brings me to last night. Eric walks out our bedroom door to outside, and a large spider come crawling in. This spider wasn't the largest we have scene since we moved in our house, but we have killed lots of them that were exactly like this, the body was about as big as a quarter plus legs, so still a scary spider. AND they JUMP!
So, Eric grabs the super duper, gallon size of insect killer. Probably wastes as much as would do the entire perimeter of our room, on this spider. Which, DOES NOT DIE. They never do. But you have to get them with the spray first so that they won't jump at you or end up crawling up your arm when you try to squash them, which happened to me once.
Okay, so the spider is completely drenched in insecticide. Now Eric grabs one of my sandals and smashes it. This is where the story gets funny. He decides to just use the sandal to *scoot* it out the door. While scooting, the spider gets on top of the sandal, so he just tries to fling it out the door. Well, he flings it alright. The spider goes flying off the sandal, up into the air. Then we can't find it. Where is it. Where is it? It is ON HIS HEAD. On top of his head! He screams like a woman, gets it off his head, and now it is in the middle of the bedroom. This time he scoops it up and walks outside to drop it instead of flinging it in the air.
I was laughing SO HARD. We probably laughed for a good 20 minutes, then he went outside to clean the pool, which was the reason he opened the door in the first place. I think what is the funniest part of the whole story is seeing him get spooked by the spider. I know I would have about died if it were me, and the spider ended up on my head.
So Hunny, thanks so much for killing the spider for us!
1 comment:
Okay, that's disgusting.
I don't like them, but in VA we have our fair share of big, ugly, hairy ones too, but to be on your head. Okay, my head is starting to itch. I'm ending this comment and moving on to your next post...
Post a Comment